Tuesday, August 9, 2011
so pacsun is having a contest on accessorizing. I decided to enter and took more than a few shots to get the one I thought would fare the most. I don't think I'll win, but I think I have a good chance to be in the top 10. I'll let you know at the end of the week...
Monday, August 8, 2011
I recently went to a swap hosted by a friend and ended up finding a few treasures. Among the treasures were a blue silk blouse and a some scarves. My favorite scarf features an apple pattern with the phrase: an apple a day keeps the doctor away (I'll post pics later). The swap was hosted at a local park, so it was pretty low key, but the the turnout was nice and I'm kinda glad it wasn't huge. With a small amount of people, the swap was more intimate and everyone had a chance to get more of what they wanted :)
(blue blouse and floral tank-my camera made them look yellowish :()
(a close up of the tank pictured above)
On another note, I bleached my jean jacket! I'm super happy how it turned out:
If you like, here's the steps to what I did:
1. Fill a bucket with about 5 cups of bleach (that's a estimate, basically not too much) and add about 2 cups of water.
2. Place the jacket halfway in the bucket and let sit for an hour. Check frequently to make sure you are getting the area you want bleached.
3. After an hour, take the jacket out the bucket and rinse it with cold water.
4. Let air dry for 24 hours.
5. Wash with cold water to get rid of the bleach scent.